Time-Out Tuesdays


Time-Out Tuesdays

Each Tuesday we will take time out of the classroom to learn about each other.

Hello Friends!

My name is Elizabeth Merce (sounds like nurse).  I started this blog to share my love of all things related to education. I earned my Bachelor of Science from Old Dominion University in August 2008 and my Master’s of Education in May 2009, also from ODU.  Go Big Blue!

I have taught age 3 to Kindergarten.   I was encouraged to teach continuing education courses at my facility which led to my relationship with non-profits in my area where I now teach for early educators in my region.  I am active with my local NAEYC chapter, SEAEYC.  I have taught at our SEAEYC conference, Raising the Bar every year since 2010 and at VAECE each year since 2011.

Looking for new challenges I began teaching at Tidewater Community College in Fall 2013.  I love looking at the connection between brain development and classroom practice and I hope I can bridge that gap for our teachers in training.

In my downtime I enjoy running, reading and spending time with my husband. Speaking of my husband, he is a police officer for the city of Virginia Beach where we live.  He grew up here and really wants to make a difference in his community.  We married in 2005 and I am looking to be married for at least 80 years so I try to keep us pretty healthy!

Thanks for joining me on this journey to strengthen educational knowledge and practice.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

 
PS- I love Star Wars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time-Out Tuesdays- Gardening

Time-Out Tuesday- Whadda Work For?

Fill It Up Friday- Screen Time